- This event has passed.
National Parks Free Entrance Days
One event on April 18, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on August 25, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on September 26, 2020 at 12:00 am
One event on November 11, 2020 at 12:00 am
Experience the national parks! On five days in 2020, all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone. There are more than 400 parks available to everyone, every day. The fee-free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new place or an old favorite! Especially one of the national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.
Entrance fee–free dates in 2020
- January 20: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 18: First day of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 26: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- Tuzigoot National Monument
- Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Wupatki National Monument
- Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument
- Walnut Canyon National Monument
- Learn more about these National Monuments here
Take the Scenic Loop Drive! Taking you from open meadows and then unto the Ponderosa pine forests surrounding Sunset Crater, and through Juniper grasslands and view of the Painted Desert. Then on to the open red rock landscape of the Wupatki Basin and Wupatki National Monument. Drive time along the Loop Road is about 1 hour.
Learn more about National Parks Free Entrance Days here.